Friday, September 24, 2010

WORDS FROM THE GREAT VULKAN!!


If you dont know him, he's an old school sneakerhead from Miami, kick game is stupid. Heres Vulkans take on the new generation of sneakerheads:

"I don't know, been feeling like this lately, I think people in the sneaker world ain't in this as a honest to god thing that they love.They are many members on this website that seem to be fitting of a small percentage of the general sneaker consumers that seem to stay in love.I been seeing a steady declined or shunning of it lately.I mean most in the culture see to it as a way to be part of group to feel they are a part of something, but for the time being only.

The passion can just be "you" and "you" only.I mean if this site didn't exist you would still be you.This is just an outlet to display these passion's.I still love it, will love it till the day I die.But as for others, they retire,they fade away and deem it wack once they older or see how ego's and for some it means a form of Elitism in fashionistas views.I witnessed it first hand and seen way too many fall back from it,only to tell me "you were right".Cuz they knew in their heart and mind this wasn't a love, it was just a "cool thing to do" or a way for bitches to get attention from niggaz.Or another way for them to say "im better than you cuz my sneakers say so". This is the decline, for those who love this because it is part of your soul, you know what i speak of. "
V
-MYRICK

No comments: