Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rock your Kicks

Sneakers

My sneakers were white when they were new.
In fact, they where out of sight.
In the rain I ran and I found a great big puddle,
and I was tempted like a naughty child always is.
So I ran, and I jumped, and the water went splash;
and in a flash, my white sneakers were trash.
I smiled and giggled. I was soaked from head to toes,
in fact, my shoes, my socks and even my toes were soaked.
I felt so bold, and my toes were so cold. Yeah!
My sneakers where white when they where new.
Just this morning in front of my mom,
she saw them all white and clean. But as I left my home,
right there in front of my house, I stepped into a wad of bubble gum.
I felt so dumb! It had been thrown on the sidewalk.
When I stepped on it I was truly stuck.
It was like goo on the bottom of my shoe.
My sneakers where white when they where new.
But now they are a bit worn and tattered.
What does that matter? I like it better when my
toes hang out the front. Now my sneakers are worn and used.
They've walked a mile or two. They have been from here to there.
In fact they have been almost everywhere.
Now they are not white, yet to me, they are still out of sight.
Mom is looking at me, as I smile.
Then she frowns as we both head into town.
I hear that sneaker went on sale, she whispered to me.
So now this we cannot miss, you see...
because my sneakers will be white,
and to my mom, they will be out of sight.

Written by -
Lisa Marie Anaya,

-J3rs0n

No comments: